Queer Resources During Corona
The following is a list of helpful resources for gender and sexual minority (LGBTQIA+) students, and others, that are social distancing or in need during the COVID-19 pandemic. If you have a helpful resource to add to the list please email Sara-Ann Rosen at email@example.com.
If you would prefer a confidential individual conversation and would like to chat one on one, please email GSSS Graduate Assistant Sara-Ann Rosen: firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a private meeting on Zoom Chat, M-F, 9AM-5PM.
- University of Illinois Springfield COVID-19 Resources
- Supporting LGBTQ Students During Social Distancing – Experts at The Trevor Project offered their recommendations for ways educators can support LGBTQ students through coronavirus school closures.
- Verified LGBTQ+ Affirming and Immigrant Friendly Resources Providing Services During COVID-19
- 7 Ways Survivors of Sexual Violence Can Practice Self-Care When Retraumatized During Tragedy
- 9 Strategies for Quarantining in a Non-LGBTQ+ Affirming Environment
- Navigating COVID-19 and Chest Binding: 8 Tips for Your Respiratory Health for Trans and Nonbinary People…
- A Know Your Rights Guide for Transgender People Navigating COVID-19 (Transgender Legal Defense & Education Fund)
- Doctors can’t use COVID-19 antibodies from gay men or anyone taking PrEP – A social disease (homophobia) before science amidst a pandemic. If you want to give blood or plasma, be aware of this out dated policy.
- How LGBTQ+ People Can Get Help and Resources During Coronavirus – As LGBTQ+ health and community centers are shutting down nationwide, these virtual resource kits, phone hotlines, live streams, and webinars are vital for getting information and support.
- The Coronavirus (COVID-19): What Trans People Need to Know – National Center for Transgender Equality
- Coronavirus 2019: What LGBTQ+ People Need to Know – National LGBT Cancer Network
- The Best LGBT Shows to Watch Right Now, From ‘Sex Education’ to ‘Schitt’s Creek’. There has never been a better time to dig into LGBTQ TV, which has seen an explosion in quality and variety in recent years.
- LGBTQIA affirming podcast recommendations. Via Player FM
- Trevorspace: An affirming international community for LGBTQ young people ages 13-24. Sign up and start a conversation now.
- If you need individual support, please email GSSS Graduate Assistant Sara-Ann Rosen: email@example.com schedule a private meeting on Zoom Chat.
Updated May 4, 2020