Points of Pride
- Rated the #3 most LGBTQ Friendly College/University for 2018-2019 by Affordable Colleges Online.
- Our Tenth Anniversary was in August 2017 when we renamed the office to be more inclusive.
- Our peer education program, “Inqueery: Peers Providing Queer Answers” is the only peer to peer educational program at UIS.
- UIS received an A grade from the Campus Pride Index for our “LGBT Student Life” which includes activities that create awareness for LGBTQIA+ students, student leadership and organizations, and intersectional activities with other underrepresented and multicultural groups.
- The Safe Zone program has educated over 500 people at UIS and hosted 80 workshops in six years!
- The annual Closet Door on the Quad event on National Coming Out Day (October 11) has become an indelible part of the UIS campus culture.