Financial Aid Procedures for Students Permanently Leaving UIS

If have not done so already, you will want to add the Title IV school code of the school that you will be attending to your most current FAFSA for the academic year.

Next you will need to log into student self-service and select your financial aid award offer for the current academic year, scroll down to the bottom of your award letter screen and click the request/submit a change bottom.  On the comment screen you will scroll down to the very last box and type a note which tells us that you are leaving UIS and to cancel any future aid.

You will need to completea federal exit loan counseling session to prevent a hold being placed on your transcripts.

Just to be sure that you avoid any holds being placed on receiving an official transcript, you will need to pay your account balance in full.

If you were living in the residence hall or in an on-campus apartment, you must terminate your housing contract by completing the Contract Release Form.  Here is the link to the form that will need to be completed and submitted to the Housing Office:  Please contact the Housing Office prior to leaving UIS to make sure you have taken care of all the necessary steps with regards to terminating your housing contract.

If you need to cancel your meal plan, you will need to complete a “Request for Refund” form and submit it to the ID Center. Request for Refund forms are available in the ID Center.  Requests must be made in writing and include the reason for the request, as well as all appropriate supporting documentation.  Please contact the ID Center if you have any questions.