About Campus and Equipment Moves
Click here for our updated Facilities Scheduling and Services (FS&S) Guide to Moving as of September 18th, 2020.
- FABweb – Used to request disposals of equipment and moves of equipment/furniture to new locations on campus. Please understand we do not remove memory storing devices or computer towers.
- Your departments’ property contact is responsible for going into FABweb and generating the FABweb disposal or FABweb move request.
- Once University Property Accounting and Reporting (UPAR) approves a disposal or move request, they will send you the approval.
- When received, the property contact must forward the approval and spreadsheet of items to Jason Gibson so he can schedule the move; Property Accounting does not contact Jason.
- For questions about FABweb see Equipment Management.
- School Dude – Used to request to move items within a location/office space, like rearranging an office. The processed work order will be forwarded to Jason. He will schedule the move. Understand that most likely charges will apply and a CFOP will need to be provided.
- Email Jason Gibson – Used to request items from Surplus. Jason can inform you if the item you need is currently available. Campus surplus generally consists of basic used office furnishings; desks, file cabinets, bookshelves, tables and chairs.
UIS recycles several waste streams including paper, plastic and aluminum.
- For questions about recycling or recycling container issues, call 217-206-6379.