A Bachelor of Science degree in Exercise Science provides exciting opportunities for individuals who are interested in pursuing careers in any of the diverse fields in the discipline. The curriculum is designed to provide academic content and hands-on training and is delivered through classroom and laboratory instruction, as well as applied practical experiences. Community interaction may occur in various settings, including health and sports medicine clinics, corporations and industrial settings, health clubs, rehabilitation centers, and other nontraditional settings.
- Fostering strong interpersonal and communication skills in students.
- Preparing graduates to work in health, fitness, and rehabilitation settings.
- Promoting professional and personal citizenship in students.
- Preparing students to work with a diverse clientele of differing health profiles and fitness abilities.
- Building science skills that will enable graduates to pursue post-baccalaureate degrees.
- Providing graduates for the Illinois health care workforce, especially in central Illinois.