- The 12th Annual Emiquon Science Symposium is scheduled for May 9, 2018. Visit the Symposium page for more information.
- The Field Station’s presentation at “Tot Time” (Dickson Mounds Museum), was featured in the Canton Daily Ledger.
- The 11th Annual Emiquon Science Symposium was held May 10, 2017.
- We’ve added a new page compiling sources of student research funding. Students interested in pursuing research should be sure to check it out.
- UIS Student receives funding to conduct summer research in the Emiquon Preserve. August 2015.
- Biologists Hope Ospreys Find Their Way Back To Illinois. Illinois Issues February 2015.
- Biologists Conclude Second Year of IDNR Osprey Recovery Project. IDNR news 9/15/2014
- University experience reaches to Emiquon. The State Journal-Register, by Susan Koch March 2014
- ILLINOIS TIMES published an article about Emiquon – “Return to Emiquon” – in the June 23, 2011 issue.
- Emiquon Floodplain Restoration – Partnership, Implementation, Research and Challenges. by Dr. Hua Chen and Director Michael Lemke. Restoration News Midwest January 2009, Volume 1, Issue 2, pp. 2-5.
- Emiquon Field Station Dedication Held by Courtney Westlake. UIS News Buraeu (26 April 2008), includes video.
- Illinois Issues, M. Lemke and K. Miller. Wetlands 101. Illinois Issues, Vol. 33, No. 1 (January 2007), 31-33.
- Illinois Issues, Vol. 32, No. 7 & 8 (July / August 2006), “Photo Essay: Renewal (PDF).” Used with permission of the University of Illinois at Springfield.
- The Living Museum, Vol. 67, Nos. 2 & 3 (Summer / Fall 2005), “The Emiquon Archaeological Project: Partnership to the Past (PDF).” Used with permission of the Illinois State Museum.