Undergraduate Institution and Major: Illinois State University, BS in Psychology (Specialization in Social Psychology)
Graduate Institution and Major: Sangamon State University, MPA
Bio: Milt has lived in Illinois almost his entire life and has developed a sense of the culture that is Illinois. He was born and raised in central Illinois and spent a majority of his working career in the Chicago area. As a youth, Milt was a Scout having earned the rank of Eagle Scout. Scouting had a significant influence upon him and lead him to seek to help other people whenever possible. Another lesson learned in his youth was to leave things better than the way he found them.
His career has included service in the public and private sector, along with volunteer service. Most of his career involved technology innovation within knowledge worker enablement. This work started in the early days of word processing. Prior to his retirement, he was part of a team managing specific technology services for a Fortune 100 company with global operations.
He has now decided to return to school to continue working in support of service to others through public sector and non-profit organizations.
He has two children. Landon who is an Analytics Analyst and Mirrin who is a Director of Fund Accounting. He also has two granddaughters who are avid swimmers.
- Public Sector – Disability Analyst, Methods and Procedures Analyst, Systems Analyst. Illinois Department of Rehabilitation Services, nine years.
- Private Sector – Systems Analyst/Consultant, Business Analyst/Consultant. Allstate Insurance, 32 years.
- Volunteer Service – Never left scouting. Continues to work in support of local scouting units; Founder, Chicagoland Chapter of Mothers Against Drunk Driving; Illinois State Chairperson, MADD.
Research Interests: Challenges to ethical leadership. Leadership strategies for public sector and non-profit efforts as not for profit enterprises.
- Scouting – Eagle Scout; several nationally recognized awards for service at the unit, district and council level
- Certificate of Data Processing
- Allstate – Chairman’s Award; Best of the Best Award
- MADD – Windy City Award, by Chicago media organization
Professional Affiliations: American Society for Public Administration
Volunteer Activities: Member of District Committee, Abraham Lincoln Council, BSA.