Admissions: How to Apply?
We appreciate your interest in our DPA program. Please see the application guidelines below and feel free to contact the Director of the Program at email@example.com with any questions.
To be eligible for serious consideration, applicants should provide evidence of:
- A completed Master’s degree; and
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 for all graduate work
Application Materials: A Two-Part Process
Prospective students must apply either by regular post or online to the UIS Office of Admissions for entrance to graduate studies to be eligible for consideration for the DPA Program. All transcripts should be sent to the Admissions Office along with a fee of $60.00 for domestic submissions and $75.00 for international students.
Prospective students must submit a portfolio of supporting materials along with their online application, including:
- An educational and professional goals statement of at least 600 words written by the applicant that includes possible research interests and curricular interests in the DPA fields of specialization;
- Three letters of recommendation;
- At least one sample of professional writing (i.e. policy brief, white paper, strategic plan, etc.) that was written solely by the applicant; and,
- Resume or vita with evidence of significant professional achievement or promise of achievement in a public affairs field.
Applicants are encouraged, but not required, to submit GRE scores as part of their portfolios. GRE scores may provide useful information about an applicant’s readiness for program coursework.
Applicants may be asked to be participate in an interview with the DPA Program Committee.