Doctor of Public Administration
Designed for experienced professionals, the Doctor of Public Administration (DPA) program is devoted to bridging the worlds of scholarship and practice. Our intent is to spark discussions and stimulate research that improves public and nonprofit management and public policy in Illinois, the nation, and the wider global community.
Our DPA Program is specifically designed as a practitioner-oriented program to meet the educational needs of professionals in administrative and governmental positions at the state and local levels.
Fields of Specialization
In addition to a common core covering a variety of methodological approaches and theories, trends, and best practices in public management and public policy, the DPA Program provides students with the opportunity to utilize their elective coursework to pursue one of its five fields of specialization:
Hear from our Students
We believe that it is through this blending of the common core and elective coursework that our students are uniquely prepared for a lifetime of learning and application.
Please Consider Joining Our Community
- What is the next step in your professional journey?
- Are you is interested in becoming a more effective agent of change?
- Do you wish to be part of a doctoral community that is devoted to equipping experienced professionals with a heightened capacity for solving complex public problems in the workplace and community?
You can begin the application process today! We welcome your interest in our professional doctorate and are ready to work with you as you think about your education needs.
- New cohorts begin their core coursework in the fall of every odd year (i.e. 2019, 2021, 2023, etc.).
- Applications for the fall of 2019 cohort—our next entry class—are being accepted now and will be reviewed upon receipt.
- Students who wish to be admitted early and begin their elective coursework prior to the fall of 2019 should contact the Director of the DPA Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.