2016 Lincoln Legacy Lecture Series
“Lincoln & Reconstruction: America’s Struggle for Equality”
October 20 , 2016, at 7:00 p.m.
in Brookens Auditorium
at the University of Illinois Springfield
The 2016 Lincoln Legacy Lectures will be on “Lincoln & Reconstruction: America’s Struggle for Equality.” Two lectures will be presented on October 20, 2016 from 7 to 9 p.m. in Brookens Auditorium. This year’s speakers will be Dr. Allen Guelzo, Henry R. Luce Professor of the Civil War Era, Gettysburg College and Dr. Brooks Simpson, Foundation Professor of History, Arizona State University. Dr. Michael Burlingame, Chancellor Naomi Lynn Distinguished Chair in Lincoln Studies at UIS, will offer opening remarks.
The Annual Lincoln Legacy Lectures are free and open to the public. They are sponsored by the Center for State Policy and Leadership, in cooperation with the Chancellor Naomi Lynn Distinguished Chair in Lincoln Studies.
The event is free and open to the public. Doors to Brookens Auditorium will open at 6:00 p.m. Overflow seating will be provided in the Public Affairs Center conference rooms. View a live webcast at the time of the event.
- Abraham Lincoln Association
- Brookens Library Holtz Memorial Lecture
- ECCE Speaker Series
- Gobberdiel Endowment
- Illinois State Historical Society
- Illinois State Library
- Looking for Lincoln Heritage Coalition
- NPR Illinois 91.9 UIS
- Springfield Branch of the NAACP
- UIS College of Education and Human Services
- UIS College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- UIS College of Public Affairs and Administration
- UIS Office of Advancement
For more information contact Barbara Ferrara,