2017 Lincoln Legacy Lecture Series
October 12, 2017, at 7:00 p.m.
in Brookens Auditorium
at the University of Illinois Springfield
The 2017 Lincoln Legacy Lectures, Lincoln and Education program will feature speakers Dr. Robert Bray, R. Forrest Colwell Professor of American Literature, Emeritus, at Illinois Wesleyan University and Paula Shotwell, veteran Springfield Dist. 186 teacher and founder of a long-running Living History program for fifth graders. Dr. Michael Burlingame, Chancellor Naomi Lynn Distinguished Chair in Lincoln Studies, will offer opening remarks and moderate a discussion that will follow.
The Annual Lincoln Legacy Lectures are free and open to the public. They are sponsored by the Center for State Policy and Leadership, in cooperation with the Chancellor Naomi Lynn Distinguished Chair in Lincoln Studies. Auditorium will open at 6:00 p.m. UIS will provide overflow seating in the Public Affairs conference rooms.
- Naomi B. Lynn Distinguished Chair in Lincoln Studies
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- College of Education and Human Services
- ECCE Speaker Series
- Gobberdiel Endowment
- Abraham Lincoln Association
- Brookens Library Holtz Memorial Lecture
- Looking for Lincoln Heritage Coalition
- Illinois State Historical Society
- NPR Illinois / 91.9 UIS
- Sangamon County Historical Society
For more information contact Rob Fafoglia,