The Parent Help Line (Springfield) (888) 727-5889 or (217) 544-5808 is a 24-hour service that advocates the prevention of physical, emotional and sexual child abuse.
- Crisis hotline/helplines in Illinois
- In today’s world, education is the key to a successful future. Going back to school as a single parent and being successful requires a strategy and plan for success.
- Parenting is a tough job. It seems like there’s never enough time, money, sleep or help. No wonder you get stressed. See parenting.org for tips that will help you manage the stress of being a parent.
- Wondermoms.org is a great resource for parents of children with special needs.
- The Illinois Children’s Mental Health Partnership (ICMHP) is a statewide group of more than 250 dedicated individuals working together to provide easier access to more effective programs and services that will better meet the mental health needs of all Illinois children and their families. www.icmhp.org
- The Campus Tours website shares management ideas for balancing your college schedule.
- Balancing your time – Get tips on how to nurture your children while still setting time and energy aside for yourself, balancing their needs with your own. Being a student is a very demanding time in any situation and much more challenging when you have the added responsibility of children. This web site will give you some pointers on how to handle parental stress!
- Single parenting – Many of you are single parents, which adds even more responsibilities, plus the added burden of school work. This web site has multiple links to give you tips and advice about single parenting. Here are just a few of the subjects covered: child care, stress management, discipline, family fun, finances and relationships.
- Directory of grants for single mothers – Listed here are financial assistance programs that help single mothers with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others.