The Parent Help Line (Springfield) (888) 727-5889 or (217) 544-5808 is a 24-hour service that advocates the prevention of physical, emotional and sexual child abuse.
- National Parent Helpline
- Parenting is a tough job. It seems like there’s never enough time, money, sleep or help. No wonder you get stressed. See the Positive Parenting Tips section of Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for tips that will help you manage the stress of being a parent.
- Wondermoms.org is a great resource for parents of children with special needs.
- The Illinois Children’s Mental Health Partnership (ICMHP) is a statewide group of more than 250 dedicated individuals working together to provide easier access to more effective programs and services that will better meet the mental health needs of all Illinois children and their families. www.icmhp.org
- The Campus Tours website shares management ideas for balancing your college schedule.
- Single parenting – Many of you are single parents, which adds even more responsibilities, plus the added burden of school work. This web site has multiple links to give you tips and advice about single parenting. Here are just a few of the subjects covered: child care, stress management, discipline, family fun, finances and relationships.
- Directory of grants for single mothers – Listed here are financial assistance programs that help single mothers with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others.