The 47th annual UIS commencement ceremonies were held at the Bank of Springfield Center on Saturday, May 12, 2018.
There were two ceremonies at 12:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. The ceremonies were divided by college:
- Students in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences participated in the 12:30 p.m. ceremony.
- Students in the College of Business and Management, College of Education and Human Services, and College of Public Affairs and Administration participated in the 5:30 p.m. ceremony.
To purchase a full ceremony DVD, please complete the Graduation Ceremony DVD Request.
- Commencement 2018
- Capital Scholars Honors Breakfast
- Online Graduate Recognition Ceremony and Brunch
- International Graduate Ceremony
- Lavender Graduation
- Black Graduation
- Hispanic/Latinx Graduation
From The Newsroom
- UIS to hold two commencement ceremonies in downtown Springfield on May 12
- Hundreds of students take part in the 47th annual UIS commencement ceremonies in downtown Springfield
- SJR: Chancellor Susan Koch: Celebrating UIS Graduates
- WICS-TV: Blind University of Illinois Springfield student set to graduate this weekend
- SJR: Blind UIS graduate opens people’s eyes to possibilities
- SJR: Zimbabwe native headed to New York Law School after UIS
Important Information for 2018 Graduates
All students planning to participate in commencement ARE REQUIRED to complete the following TWO steps:
- Confirm their participation by submitting the online intent to participate (note: the Student Commencement Participation Form is no longer available; please see Information for Students for additional information).
- Purchase a cap and gown during the “Graduate Salute” held in the UIS Bookstore on March 22, 23, and 24. Peoria students are able to purchase their caps and gowns through the UIS Peoria Center. Please see Information for Students for additional information regarding “Graduate Salute.”
Special Information for International Students
Commencement information for international students (including information for inviting guests) can be found on the International Student Services website.