May 15 Graduate Celebration
Our #UIS21 Graduate Celebration will launch at Noon on May 15, featuring special videos, virtual gifts, messages to and from graduates, and lots more, to celebrate our 2021 graduates for Commencement Day.
May 13 & 14 Stage Experience
UIS is holding a stage experience for graduates on May 13 & 14. Please check your UIS email account for details and signup information.
Students are responsible for knowing and adhering to all University of Illinois Springfield (UIS) policies, deadlines, and procedures. Specific graduation and commencement-related information is available in the current catalog and must be followed. An appeal of the commencement participation policy must be made in writing (by sending an email to email@example.com) and must include all documentation that supports the appeal.
First Destination Survey (FDS)
The First Destination Survey (FDS) is a national survey that is meant to gain knowledge about what activities students are engaging in after graduation from college. The information gained from the survey helps to determine institution effectiveness and provide data for reporting needs, to enhance UIS academic offerings, and support career exploration for current and future students. Prior to graduation day, you will receive emails with additional information and be asked to complete the Outcomes Survey. By completing the survey, you will qualify to win a variety of prizes including iPads and gift cards. For further information, you may visit the UIS Career Development website.
Our student commencement speaker is an important tradition at UIS. Information regarding when and where auditions will be held will be provided on the Audition Application Form. All graduating students are eligible to audition. Representatives of the faculty and the student-body will select the speaker. The chosen speaker will record their speech on campus in mid-April. The recording will be a part of the May 15 virtual ceremony. The deadline to apply is Sunday, April 4.
- Application forms must be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. Sunday April 4 (note: Late submissions will not be accepted).
- Auditions, via Zoom, will be conducted between 2 and 4 p.m. Friday, April 9.
- The chosen speaker will be expected to speak on campus during filming for the virtual ceremony in mid-April.
Starting Your Affordable Legacy
For the sake of those who follow, start your affordable legacy.
- Congratulations on your achievement, and best wishes for the future. As you go forward, please consider helping those who follow with your contributions to the UIS program of your choice. Future graduates will thank you!
- You can find many wonderful giving opportunities available at any level of giving on the Office of Advancement website. Use the “Choose Where to Give” tab at the top to see a list of many opportunities. The UIS Fund, which provides support for programs and students throughout campus, is always an excellent choice.
- You’ll be receiving updates from the Office of Advancement with campus stories of students and special opportunities for giving.
- If you have questions, please feel free to call us at (217) 206-6058.
UIS Ring Program
The Official Ring of the University of Illinois Springfield symbolizes the educational values, heritage, and traditions of the University. The University of Illinois alumni family is united by rich traditions of loyalty, excellence, and service, and we invite you to help carry on this proud legacy through active participation in the UIS Ring Program.
Commencement Letter #1 (PDF)