The 46th annual UIS commencement ceremonies was held at The Center on Saturday, May 13, 2017.
There were two ceremonies divided by college:
- Students in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences participated in the 12:30 p.m. ceremony.
- Students in the College of Business and Management, College of Education and Human Services, and College of Public Affairs and Administration participated in the 5:30 p.m. ceremony.
To purchase a full ceremony DVD, please complete the Graduation Ceremony DVD Request.
- Commencement 2017
- CAP Scholars Breakfast
- International Student Congratulatory Ceremony
- Online Degree Graduation Brunch
- Lavender Graduation
- Hispanic/Latinx Graduation
- Black Graduation
From The Newsroom
- UIS graduates a record number of students during the 46th annual commencement
- UIS to hold two commencement ceremonies in downtown Springfield on May 13
- SJR: Chancellor Susan Koch: Lives transformed by UIS experience
- WICS-TV: UIS Graduates Largest Class in History
- SJR: UIS graduates set example by getting degree
- SJR: Local college commencements feature sports, business, government leaders
Important Information for 2017 Graduates
All students planning to participate in commencement WERE REQUIRED to complete the following TWO steps:
- Confirm their participation by submitting an online intent to participate between March 13 and March 27. This form is no longer available. Only those who were eligible to participate were able to submit their intent to participate. Even students making special cap and gown arrangements (e.g., borrowing a black cap and gown), needed to confirm participation between the dates above.
- Purchase a cap and gown during the “Graduate Salute” held in the UIS Bookstore in late March/early April. Please see the Information for Students section for additional information regarding “Graduate Salute.”
Special Information for International Students
Commencement information for international students (including information for inviting guests) can be found on the International Student Services website.