Green Screen Videos
Green screen or chroma key video and images use an editor to replace the green with an image or video as the background.
Examples for Green Screen Videos in your Class
- Use a photo of a CPU or an atomic model or a graph — you can stand in front of it and explains its parts like a weatherman
- Use “B roll” video footage as your backdrop for whatever topic you are speaking on
- Replace the green with a solid color and add text to the video in post production
- Sample video from Duke University of Professor lecturing in front of presentation slides.
Royalty-free Image and Video Sources
- Digital Gov video
- Archive.org Free Video
- Video on Flickr with commercial use and modifications allowed
- Wiki Media Commons
- 20 Free online stock video sites
Preparing for a Green Screen Recording Session
- Don’t wear green! Plus, here are some other tips.
- Practicing your lecture
- Create any slides or locate any images or videos to be added in post production
Producing your Green Screen Video
Green screen videos require more planning and editing. The turn around time is 3 to 4 days. As the instructor, you may need to be present to make some production choices. Contact COLRS at email@example.com to book studio time.