National Distance Learning Week 2018
The United States Distance Learning Association annually sponsors a week-long celebration of distance learning students and the faculty who teach them. UIS has planned events to celebrate our students who take online and blended courses. You are an important part of our UIS identity!
What is the purpose of the challenges?
- Goal: to increase awareness about academic and professional development resources, services, experiential opportunities, and financial savings perks available from a distance.
- Challenge format: game, puzzle, trivia, or activity
Who can participate?
- All students and the UIS community.
- Eligibility: Only enrolled UIS students are eligible to win prizes.
- Prize examples: $50 gift card, diploma frames, and other UIS SWAG.
- Entries: Complete each challenge and bonus trivia successfully, and one entry will be placed into a drawing – 6 entries total (5 challenges plus 1 bonus). The first two students completing challenge #4 will win a diploma frame.
How do I access the challenges?
- Detailed Descriptions of All 5 Challenges
- Challenges – Accessible Format
- NDLW Challenge #1– The Learning Hub
- NDLW Challenge #2– Brookens Library
- NDLW Challenge #3– UIS Services Resources, Events & Perks (plus bonus trivia)
- NDLW Challenge #4– Share Your Online Learning Story
- NDLW Challenge #5– Photo Contest
Where do I enter my answers?
- The workshops focus on using social media tools — Twitter and Facebook — in your online and blended courses.
- Using Twitter to Teach, A Quality Matters Webinar, Tuesday, November 6, 1-2 pm, PAC G
- Using Facebook to Teach, A Quality Matters Webinar, Wednesday, November 7, 1-2p.m., PAC H
- Reservations requested, but not required. RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the new LinkedIn group now at University of Illinois Springfield Online Students and Alumni
- The goal of the group is to create a community for online students where they can share and discuss helpful academic and professional development tips, resources and encouragement.
- If you do not have a current LinkedIn account you can establish one for free (required to join the group).
- Tips for creating a LinkedIn profile.