COLRS provides leadership for research on online and blended learning at UIS and beyond. It joins faculty and community members from across the institution and the nation in the collaborative pursuit of research which furthers knowledge in the field and improves the quality of online education. In addition, COLRS identifies and joins educational, institutional, and corporate partners in the support of best practices, emerging technologies, and the effective design of institutional and individual learning.
Specific goals include:
- Conducting, supporting, organizing, and facilitating research in online and blended learning.
- Establishing best practices in the application of emerging technologies in online and blended instruction.
- Constructing linkages with internal and external stakeholders which benefit online and blended learning research.
- Highlighting the contributions of UIS faculty and staff to online and blended learning research.
- Increasing access to and awareness of online and blended learning research.