Mission & Goals
Since 1997, the Center for Online Learning, Research, and Service (COLRS) promotes and supports the university’s development of online and blended learning. COLRS provides national leadership in online education. It is interdisciplinary and collaborative in nature, practice oriented, and focused on creating and disseminating knowledge and fostering innovation in online and blended learning, both at UIS and around the globe.
Our mission is to provide leadership in the development of effective practices, advancement of technologies, and the dissemination of research which will improve faculty, student, and institutional effectiveness online.
The Center for Research identifies with the following goals:
- Conduct, support, organize, and facilitate research in online and blended learning.
- Establish best practices in the application of emerging technologies in online and blended instruction.
- Construct linkages with internal and external stakeholders that benefit online and blended learning research.
- Highlight the contributions of UIS faculty and staff to online and blended learning research.
- Increase access to and awareness of online and blended learning research.