AGA Rates school
June 8-11, 2009
Student Center East, University of Illinois
The American Gas Association offers this four day program which offers intensive study of the natural gas industry and its regulation. Taught by recognized experts in the field, this program focuses on the details of ratemaking through intensive classroom work, study groups and lectures. This program is sponsored by the Center for Business and Regulation in the College of Business and Management at the University of Illinois at Springfield. The course will be held at the University of Illinois’ Chicago campus.
- Regulation touches nearly every aspect of the natural gas industry. This course will consider the policy and practice of state and Federal regulation of the industry.
Finance and Accounting
- Regulation depends critically on accounting and finance to determine reasonable profits and rates.
- Economic theory provides the basic foundation for the ratemaking process.
Innovative Costing and Ratemaking
- The natural gas distribution industry is facing a fundamental change in the consumption pattern of consumers. Revenue stability and proper pricing signals will be explored.
Energy Efficiency and Conservation
- With the dramatic increase in natural gas prices in the past decade regulators, consumers, and utilities are exploring ways to promote efficient consumption choices. This section of the course will explore ways to efficiently promote conservations efforts.
- AGA Members, $1250
- Non-AGA members, $1500
- Online Registration
- Register by mail or fax (pdf)
- Deadlines: Payments by mail or fax must be received by June 3, 2009 5PM CDT. Online registration will close on June 5, 2009. Late registration is available online until June 7, 2009. Conference materials will be provided to late registrants as available.
- Cancellation: Cancellations will be accepted until May 22nd with full refund when requested in writing. After May 22, 2009 refunds are subject to a $75 processing fee. No cancellations may be made after June 7, 2009. Substitutes are allowed at any time by contacting CBR at email@example.com. If the program is not held for any reason, CBR’s liability is limited to a refund of the program fee.
Registration fees include:
- Course Materials
- Meals include daily continental breakfast and lunch
- Monday welcome reception
- Wednesday evening group dinner
Chicago Marriott at Medical District /UIC, just one block south of Interstate 290, is removed from the congestion of Chicago’s Loop, yet just minutes from downtown. It is an elegant, European-style hotel located near the University of Illinois at Chicago campus. It offers complimentary shuttle service within a one-mile radius of the hotel.
- The Marriott Chicago Medical District/UIC host hotel has a special rate of $219 per night for the AGA Conference 6/7- 6/11/2009.
- To make reservations please call 800-356-3641.
- Please do not forget to mention the AGA rates school.
- If you have any questions you may contact Norma Badal, Senior Sales Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complimentary shuttle service will be offered to and from UIC.
- Attendees are responsible for their own accommodations and must make their own reservations.
Getting to UIC
The University of Illinois at Chicago is situated just west of Chicagoís loop central business district. Get directions, information on parking, and mass transit.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is situated in the heart of the vibrant metropolis. Explore the attraction that is Chicago.