The Portfolio documents significant learning experiences throughout the student’s life and provides detailed analysis of some of those experiences.
The Portfolio includes:
- a Chronological Learning Record – A list of 20-25 adult learning experiences that discusses what you did and what you learned.
- an Autobiographical Essay – A 5-7 page memoir of your life, focused on who you are as a “learner.”
- an Educational Goals Statement – A 1-2 page statement of what your current, short-term, and long-term goals are for your education (what you wish to achieve and how you wish to use it).
- a Narrative Essay – A 12-15 page essay about a significant learning experience from your life. You will be expected to discuss the experience in terms of whether it provided college-level learning and analyze it within the context of defined educational goals. Students analyze their learning through the perspective of the following six goal areas:
- Career Education
- Cultural Diversity
- Engaged Citizenship (Students who seek to use IPL 305/501 to satisfy their ECCE Engagement requirement MUST address Engaged Citizenship as one of their three goal areas.)
- Personal Growth
- Self-Directed and Lifelong Learning Skills
Documentation – A form of third party documentation that provides evidence for the experience you cite. This can be documentation from the time or a letter of confirmation from your workplace (or wherever your experience occurred).