Internships: Points of Pride
Spring 2014 student employment!
Here are a few students who gained employment during or after their Spring 2014 Internships:
- Ryan Trojanowski was hired FT by the Illinois State Treasurer’s Office to join their legislative team
- Richard Rockwood was hired FT by the Illinois Commission on Government Forecasting and Accountability
- Brittany Mullane took advantage of the skills she learned in the internship course and gained employment: “At the beginning of the semester I stuck my nose up at the seminars, thinking that they would contribute nothing useful as far as my AST (internship) project. But I am happy to say that I utilized the interview practice, created a cover letter and a great resume through Optimal, utilized all of the interview tips from Seminar 1, and WAS HIRED, after 4 years of not working and the very first interview I have had in over 5 years!” Brittany was hired as a classroom and field instructor for a driver’s education school in Washington state. She desires a future career in higher education and this position will be a helpful stepping stone.
Students supporting Internship Services (formerly AST) in the media:
- Michael Lotspeich wrote a blog post while interning with the U.S. Department of Education in Washington D.C.
- Fred Jackson discusses how internships readies workers for jobs.