UIS offers a number of international study options.
Short Term Study Abroad Programs offered by UIS and partner universities:
- NEW PROGRAM for incoming first year students – England, August 2018
- Japanese Language and Culture in Ashikaga, Japan – Summer 2018
- Charles Darwin University, Australia – Summer 2018
- Vietnamese History and Culture – Fall 2018 course with a two week study abroad program in January of 2019
- Chinese Language and Culture (Heilongjiang University) – Summer 2018
- Irish Studies Queen’s University – Summer 2018
- Radboud University (the Netherlands) summer 2018 offerings
Applications Deadlines for UIS Global Experience Programs for the summer of 2018:
- March 1st
Please note: Where student interest in a program is high there is a possibility that a program may fill before the final deadline of March 1st. You are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible.
Additionally, in order to be eligible for study abroad scholarships application material needs to be submitted to the International Program Office by Feb. 7th.
UIS has reciprocal exchange agreements for semester or year long study with the following schools:
- Charles Darwin University in Darwin, Australia
- Saitama University at Saitama, Japan
- University of Colima in Colima, Mexico
- The University of Hull, England
- Pierre-Mendes-France University Grenoble 2, France
- Heilongjiang University, China
- Vesalius College, Belgium
- Institute des Hautes Etudes des Communications Sociales, Belgium
- Queen’s University, Northern Ireland (Politics, International Studies, Philosophy, Law, History and Anthropology)
- Roskilde University, Denmark
- Radboud University, The Netherlands
- The University of Valencia, Spain
In addition to semester and full year exchange opportunities at the University of Colima there are also on line exchange opportunities in Political Science. UIS students may register for selected on line courses at the University of Colima. Contact the Office of International Programs or the Department of Political Science for registration details.
Students selected to participate in reciprocal exchange programs pay tuition and fees to UIS. All other expenses, housing, board, etc. are paid to the host institution.
International Student Exchange Program Network.
UIS has joined the International Student Exchange Program (ISEP) a network of colleges and universities around the world. Through ISEP UIS students will be able to apply to study at partner universities from 55 countries.
In order to be eligible for study abroad scholarships applications to study abroad in the summer, fall and spring need to be submitted by Feb. 7th
Deadline for exchange programs through UIS partners are:
- Spring programs – October 1st
- Fall programs – March 1st
- Queen’s U. summer program – March 30th
UIS also has affiliation agreements with the following schools:
- The State University of Maringa, Brazil
- Dalian University of Foreign Language, China
- Beijing Wuzi University, China
- Bohai University, China
- Tunghai University, China
- Lu’an New Century Academy, China
- Shandong Institute of Business and Technology, China
- Zhongnan University of Economics and Law, China
- Geethanjali College of Engineering and Technology, India
- The Ashikaga Institute of Technology, Japan (short term exchange agreement – see above)
- Kunjang International University, South Korea
- Sungkyunkwan University, South Korea
- Ming Chi University of Technology, Taiwan
- Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology, Vietnam
- The University of Danang, Vietnam