Exchange Students: Contact Us
The Office of International Programs has established student exchange programs with The Ashikaga Institute of Technology and Saitama University in Japan, the University of Colima in Mexico, Charles Darwin University in Australia, Heilongjiang University in China, IHECS and Vesalius College in Belgium, Radboud University in the Netherlands, Roskilde University in Denmark, Pierre Mendes University in France, the University of Valencia in Spain, and Queen’s and Hull Universities in the United Kingdom. Students from these universities who are interested in studying at UIS for a semester or for a year should contact their home international office to initiate the application process.
Once nominated by the home institution students will apply to UIS using the application in the first link below. In addition to the form students will need to submit:
1) An official transcript of your academic record
2) A letter from your home institution nominating you as an exchange student (if not already sent to the Office of International Programs)
3) A TOEFL test score or the equivalent if your first language is not English
4) A financial aid affidavit confirming sufficient funds for the term of study. The approximate costs for room and board for one semester are $5500.
5) A photocopy of your passport information and signature pages.
Once admitted to UIS exchange students will be issued a “Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) Status” form – the DS2019 – which will be used to apply for a J-1, exchange visitor visa. Information on this process may be found in the links in the center panel.
- Exchange Student Application
- Exchange Visitor Visa (J-1) – This is a US Dept. of State website. You will click on the Government Visitor Link and then on the link for university students for more information.
- English as a Second Language
- Course Registration
- More links