The Career Development Center (CDC) offers a wide variety of services and tools to assist International Students to work towards their career goals.
Career Prep Events for International Students
Career Suite – Spring 2020 Semester Hours
Regular Days/Times: Begin Tuesday, Jan. 21, 2020
- Tuesday: 11 AM – 1 PM
- Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday: 2 – 4 PM
- Location: SAB 50 (Career Development Center)
- Call-In: (217) 206-6508
- Get help writing a resume and/or cover letter
- Have your resume, cover letter, and personal statement critiqued
- Learn how to navigate CareerConnect and online systems
- Find helpful career building resources and tools
- And much more!
Getting Your Resume Started?
- Watch the 2 recorded workshops about building your resume
- How to Write a U.S. Resume (Recorded Webinar)
- Transitioning Your International CV to U.S. Resume (Camtasia)
- Review the content and tools located on CDC’s Resume Webpage
- Use OptimalResume, our online resume building system
- Use your UIS Email Address when creating your account
- View the Resume CareerSpot Videos to get professional resume information.
- Attend upcoming Resume Manias held at the beginning of each semester. Details on the CDC’s Calendar
- Utilize our Career Suite Drop-In/Call-In service.
- Office of International Student Services (OISS) will advise you about your work/intern eligibility
- Review the F-1 Employment Guidelines provided by the OISS
- On-campus jobs are handled by Student Employment housed in Financial Assistance
- Undergraduate Students can only apply for Undergraduate Level Student Employment positions
- Graduate Students can only apply for Grad Hourly Student Employment positions.
- Learn more about the steps and requirements.
- Upcoming Career Events and Workshops
- Learn more about the various services and resources available on the Student Homepage
- Online Toolbox: Great Online Career Resources
- Most important resources for International Students:
- OptimalResume: Optimal is More Than a Resume Builder!
- Going Global: Provides H1B info, hiring practices, city/country guides and more