Foot in the Door Fair
The Career Development Center at the University of Illinois Springfield is excited to announce the 2020 Online Virtual Foot in the Door (FITD) Fair being held on Thursday, August 27th from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. via the UIS CareerConnect system. The Foot in the Door Fair is intended to bring students and employers/organizations together to discuss a variety of career opportunities such as part-time jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities. We have invited a wide variety of recruiters offering a broad range of available positions. We hope you will join us at this event and get your “Foot in the Door” to both on and off-campus opportunities!
To participate in the virtual Foot in the Door Fair (as a student):
- Login or follow the first-time user instructions to set-up your account in UIS CareerConnect to get started in the system and make sure the basic required profile information is complete.
- Update and upload a current resume into CareerConnect (this step is optional)
- When Logged into CareerConnect, find the 2020 Foot in the Door Fair Virtual Career Fair in the events section and click attend – this will serve as RSVP to let employers know you will be participating
- View a Quick Tour Video of the Virtual Fair Format for Students.
- Need assistance immediately before or during the event? Join our virtual help room at go.uis.edu/FITDHelp (this virtual help room will be available from 2:30-6:00pm on Thursday 8/27)
The Foot in the Door Fair is sponsored by the Career Development Center, Internships and Prior Learning Services Office, Volunteer and Civic Engagement Center, Office of Financial Assistance – Student Employment, Office of Student Life and the Office of International Student Services.
A minimum dress code of business casual is highly recommended.
Not sure how to dress for business casual? Visit our “dress for success” page!
More About the Fair
- Events to Help You Prepare
- List of Employers/Recruiters
- Check out our videos related to the event on Flipgrid
General Information on Career Fairs
Individuals requesting disability related accommodations should contact the UIS Career Development Center.