If you are working with international students or domestic students interested in studying, interning, or working abroad, GoingGlobal is an excellent resource that can heighten global awareness among all students. However, this resource also provides excellent information pertaining to the USA. Information found within this source includes:
- Expert advice for finding jobs at home and abroad
- 80,000 pages of career and employment resources for careers around the globe
- Worldwide job and internship ostings and corporate profiles
- H1B visa employer listings
- Employment trends and career news by topic, profession, and country
- Country profiles are developed via “grassroots intelligence” through the GoingGlobal team of in-country researches. These individuals are in place around the world to monitor and update the career information and resources provided pertaining to the following topics:
- Job Resources
- Employment Trends
- Information Technology
- Accounting, Finance, and Foreign Trade
- Top Companies
- Financial Considerations
- Work Permits/Visas
- Interviewing Advice
- Cultural Advice
- Business Management and Marketing
- Business and Networking Groups
How Do I Login to GoingGlobal?
- Login to your UIS CareerConnect account, where the link to GoingGlobal can be found underneath Online Toolbox on the right side of the screen. If this is your first time logging into CareerConnect, instructions are available.
- After selecting the GoingGlobal link within CareerConnect, create an account by clicking on “Create Personal Account” at the top of the screen, using your UIS email address for your username.
What are the Benefits of Creating a Personal Account?
- Bookmark pages and make notes, for a more personalized tool and resource.
- To access your personal account, click on the Sign into Personal Account link at the top of the GoingGlobal webpage.
- Any page in the collection can be set as the default page when logging in by clicking on the Set as Default Page in the bottom left corner of the GoingGlobal webpage
- When logging in, you will be returned immediately to your selected default page