Policies & Regulations
Writing a letter of recommendation may be more complex than you think. This resource will provide information about:
- Written and Verbal Recommendations
- Right to Privacy
- State Reference Immunity Laws
- Tips for Best Practice
- Sample Recommendation Letter
See below for topics addressed in the guidelines.
- UIS Goal: Maintain a recruitment process that is consistent, fair, and equitable to students and employing organizations
- Candidate referral process
- Referral of minority candidates process
- Process for providing oral and written references for students
- Considerations to ask yourself prior to making referrals, providing references, and engaging with employers
Internship and Job Postings
Many times we receive an internship or job posting which we are asked to advertise to students, or in certain situations to provide names of “select” UIS students. In order to comply with EEO and other federal, state, and university protocol, please forward the posting to the CDC. The CDC staff will then post the opportunity into CareerConnect to enable all UIS students to view the opportunity. You may also refer the recruiter to the Employer Relations staff within the CDC and we will do our best to accommodate the request within the appropriate protocol.