UIS New Graduate Career Outcomes
This issue has become at the forefront of not only higher education institutions but also stakeholders such as parents, prospective students, and legislators due to heightened accountability measures at the local, state, and national levels. Here is the aggregate alumni outcomes for the UIS undergraduate and graduate students who completed the Destination Survey for the 2015-16 academic year.
How can I contribute in collecting career outcome data?
- Encourage students to complete the emailed Destination Survey or access the link under Surveys within the CDC website during the semester their degree will be conferred; explain how extremely important the information is and how results will be used and reported in aggregate format
- When students indicate he/she has obtained a new job or has been accepted into graduate school, document this information by logging into CareerConnect and complete the placement form (within the survey tab).
Below outlines how to increase the value of the UIS degree and how the data may be utilized:
- Various government and media entities to address college affordability and value and to provide transparency for consumers when comparing institutions; categories which outlines the kinds of jobs and average earnings students have when they graduate; we want to ensure UIS has the ability to provide a comprehensive report
- Compile a network of new alumni who are interested in mentoring current students and/or who can provide the CDC with additional internship and job opportunities from their employer
- Provide specific data to academic programs for accreditation reports and/or to reference when making curriculum updates, considering new academic majors or concentrations in demand, or to publicize student success stories
- Report academic major outcomes to new prospective student and family members when asked what our “placement rates” are at Preview Days and other recruitment activities