Welcome Employer Partners!
To stay connected, post opportunities, and register for Career Events:
Login (or create) a UIS CareerConnect Employer Account.
• Once logged in, locate the Attend Events shortcut on the side of your screen.
• Click on (Name of Fair/Event) is currently active link.
If you would like to register over the phone, or have any questions related to the online registration process please call the Career Development Center at (217) 206-6508 or email email@example.com
Fall Semester/Annually in August
Foot in the Door Fair
The 2021 Foot in the Door Fair will be on Thursday, August 26, 2021 (for UIS Student Employment) and Thursday, September 2, 2021 (for Employer and Community Partners).
Registration information for the Fall 2021 Foot in the Door Fair Events is NOW OPEN!
2021 Foot in the Door Fair Employer Registration is OPEN!!
- To register Log in or Create an Employer Account CareerConnect
- On your home page, locate the Attend Events shortcut on the right side of your screen and click on the appropriate 2021 Foot in the Door Fair link. Or go to the events section on the left side menu and select career fairs/expos and click the link to sign-up under appropriate 2021 Foot in the Door Fair event.
- This year the Foot in the Door Fair will be held in two parts.
- Part One will be exclusively for Campus Departments/Areas with Student Employment Opportunities and will be held on campus on Thursday, August 26 from 4-6pm.
- Part Two will be exclusively for Off-Campus/Community Organizations with Part-Time, Internship, and Volunteer Opportunities and will be held on Zoom on Thursday, September 2 from 4-6pm.
- If you are a UIS campus department or area with student employment opportunities please select: 2021 Foot In The Door Fair Pt. 1 – 8/26 – Student Employment (UIS Departments ONLY)
- If you are a community organization or off-campus employer, please select: 2021 Foot In The Door Fair Pt. 2 – 9/2 – Job, Internship, & Volunteer Fair (Off Campus – Community Organizations ONLY)
If you have questions or are having difficulty with registering, please call the Career Development Center at (217) 206-6508 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Foot in the Door Fair is intended to bring students and employers/organizations together at an informal fair setting to discuss a variety of career opportunities with a focus on part-time jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities.
The Foot in the Door Fair is sponsored by the Career Development Center, Internships and Prior Learning Services Office, Volunteer and Civic Engagement Center, Office of Financial Assistance – Student Employment, Office of Student Life and the Office of International Student Services.
Spring Semester/Annually in February or March
Career Connections Expo
**Registration information for the Spring 2022 Career Expo will be updated in November 2021
The 2021 Expo was held on Thursday, March 4, 2021.
The 2021 Virtual Career Fair was held via the CareerEco platform. Learn more about the event at: https://www.careereco.com/Events/CareerConnections
The 2021 Career Connections Expo was hosted by the University of Illinois Springfield and Lincoln Land Community College.
The Career Connections Expo typically takes place each February on the UIS campus. It is a great way to connect students, alumni, and community job seekers with employers who are looking for candidates for jobs, internships, and future connections.
- Career Fair Policies
- *Please note that the policies linked above were written to provide guidance regarding the Career Expo when held as an on-ground event and so some of the information is not applicable for the 2021 Virtual Career Connections Expo. For information and to register for the 2021 Virtual Career Connections Expo, please visit: https://www.careereco.com/Events/CareerConnections