What Do Internships Do?
- Provide world work experience beyond clerical duties
- Can be paid or unpaid, can be credit-bearing or not
- Fairly structured
- Temporary – usually for a semester or summer
Why Create Internships?
- Offer students a chance to get hands-on experience in a field related to their major
- Proved to be great networking opportunities
- Often lead to future employment opportunities
How can the Employer Relations Program Assist Me?
- Devise your internship strategies
- Review job descriptions and learning outcomes
- Publicize internship opportunities
- Provide space for your organization to conduct interviews on campus.
Contact the Employer Relations Program if you have questions concerning internships or would like the Career Development Center to offer consultation.
Helpful Links before Developing your Internship Program