ORACLE SQL AND PL/SQL DEVELOPER + PYTHON DEVELOPER + JAVA PROGRAMMER
Online Data Science Training
Learn Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, Python and Java
Data science is the future of nearly every job sector and “big data” jobs are some of the hottest on the market. This 100% online course will prepare you for a career in data science and train you to develop databases with Oracle SQL, PL/SQL and program with Python and Java. You will also complete three hands-on programming projects to build out your professional portfolio.
JOB OUTLOOK FOR DATA SCIENCE CAREERS
- It’s no secret that the information technology sector is outpacing nearly every other industry. In fact, demand for IT jobs will grew over 12% over the next decade, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
- Big data jobs, such as data analyst, are “projected to far outpace the average growth rate for all occupations,” according to the BLS.
- The BLS found that the median annual salary for computer and data science jobs was over $88,000. Within this broader category, database administrators averaged $93,000 annually while software developers averaged an annual salary of $107,000.
DATA SCIENCE FAQS
WHAT IS DATA SCIENCE?
Data science combines programming skills, mathematics and statistics to gather, structure and extract insights from data. Data scientist can use any number of tools, such as programming languages or databases, to automate the process of analyzing data such as numbers, audio, video, text and images. These data sets are then used to inform business strategy, such as improving delivering more relevant products, improving tech stacks or personalizing customer experiences.
WHY IS LEARING ORACLE SQL AND PL/SQL IMPORTANT?
A key part of data science is managing databases and database developers create applications that present data as useful information. Oracle’s proprietary SQL and PL/SQL code is designed to optimize the performance of large databases.
WHY IS LEARING JAVA IMPORTANT?
Learning Java is often the start to a career in information technology as a whole. This object-oriented programming language is works on any operating system, hardware or device to build enterprise-level applications. In fact, nearly 97% of tech companies — such as Google, Uber and Facebook — use Java.
WHY IS LEARING PYTHON IMPORTANT?
Python is an object-oriented programming language that drives software development for many popular web and mobile apps. In terms of data science, it can also be used to display numbers, process text, solve equations, and manage data.
- Learn SQL to build applications or generate business reports
- Master SQL using an Oracle database
- Learn PL/SQL extension language to write sophisticated queries against an Oracle database
- Understand most Java syntax elements, concentrating on fundamental and universally useful elements, while providing an overview of many more advanced elements
Prerequisites and Requirements
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
ORACLE SQL AND PL/SQL DEVELOPER
Oracle SQL: relational database basics, creating tables and data manipulation language; Oracle PL/SQL: PL/SQL basics, subprograms and conditional processing
The Java Environment, documentation and writing a Java Program; Java objects, arrays and inheritances
Python functions, modules and scripts; Python data analysis with NumPy and pandas
Nat Dunn founded Webucator in 2003 to combine his passion for technical training with his business expertise and to help companies benefit from both. His previous experience was in sales, business and technical training, and management. Nat has an MBA from Harvard Business School and a BA in International Relations from Pomona College.
Registration and Enrollment
This course is 100% online. Start anytime.