Addiction and Self-Control
The purpose of this virtual zoom workshop is to provide an understanding of the following questions using the framework of behavioral economics. Why do people often behave in ways that are known to have dire consequences for their long-term health and happiness? Why does someone decide to act against his or her wellbeing? How do we best motivate individuals to act according to their long-term goals?
|1) Explain why people engage in behavior knowing that is harmful to them?
2) Explain a basic understanding of the nature of addiction.
3) Describe the role of emotions in decision-making.
4) Describe motivational factors that influence our vulnerability for impulsive behavior.
5) Explain why it is so difficult for individuals to follow through on their plans and goals?
6) Describe the principles of self-control.
Log in information to zoom will be sent prior to the course start date. Participants will receive a digital badge for completion.
Registrations are OPEN. Set up an account and register.