Employee Non-Monetary Benefits
Cell phone carrier discounts, car discounts, and more! Are you taking full advantage of all the perks of working at UIS? The UIS Academic Professional Advisory Committee (APAC) has put together the attached resource listing many of the benefits available to UIS employees. We hope that you will find this list useful and if you have more to add, please let us know (email@example.com).
Computer Hardware, Software, & Accessories
- Illini Union Tech Zone (UIUC) – University employees can make purchases through Illini Union Tech Zone to receive discounted pricing on desktop and laptop computers, iPods, and more. Apple, Hewlett Packard, Lenovo, Microsoft, and Dell products are available.
- UIC Bookstore – Students and staff are eligible to receive discounts on computers, software and other accessories at the UIC Bookstore.
- WebStore – Students, faculty, and staff at all three U of I locations – in Urbana-Champaign, Chicago, and Springfield – are eligible to receive significant discounts on over 150 software applications offered by the University of Illinois WebStore.
Get discounts with your i card! i-card Perks organizes discounts on dinners out, ice cream, lawn care, and more from local participating merchants. This free service is for all i-card holders.
Magellan Discount Program
State employees are offered access to a discount program, LifeMart Discount Center, through the Employee Assistance Program vendor, Magellan Ascend. A wide range of discounts are offered including health and wellness, entertainment, restaurants, travel and more.
Employees must register and log in on the Magellan Ascend website to access the LifeMart Discount Center:
- Visit https://magellanascend.com/.
- Select the Log In button (On smaller devices, the button is in the navigation menu).
- If you have not registered on the Magellan Ascend site:
- Select the Sign Up link, and complete the required fields.
- Under Company Name, enter State of Illinois Employee Assistance Program.
- The email address you use may be any email address of your choosing.
- Once registered, log in using your email address and password.
- Under the Explore heading, select Discount Center.
- Select LifeMart Discount Center.
Information on relocation assistance can be found on the Purchasing web site. The contracts described have been awarded to moving companies to help employees and new hires move their belongings.
Information on travel discounts can be found on the OBFS web site. Discounts are available through preferred vendors for travel transportation and lodging.
AAA (Roadside Assistance) Membership
AAA offers a group rate (15% off Basic) membership fee and waiver of $10 enrollment fee. Contact Julie at 217-398-0495, or mail the membership application to AAA, c/o Julie Woller, 1610 S. Neil St., Champaign. While the discount is available through the Champaign AAA office, it is open to employees at any of the University of Illinois campus locations.
As a courtesy, information about additional services and discounts is made available to University of Illinois employees. Courtesy discounts are subject to change or discontinuation by the provider at any time, and the University may remove discount offers without notice. While the University screens all offers, these goods and services are not endorsed, guaranteed, or arranged by the University of Illinois. Employees are responsible for checking goods or services offered.
Mobile Phone Discounts
These discounts refer to phone service for personal use only. For details on purchasing service for official University use, please contact the OBFS Purchasing Division.
- AT&T – 18% service discount.
- Sprint – Visit Sprint Discount.
- T-Mobile – Available through the State’s discount program with Magellan. Select Magellan on the CMS State Employee Benefits page. Once on the Magellan page, click “Benefits” in the main navigation, then select “Lifemart-Discount”. Select the Start Saving Today! link; then use the search box to find current T-Mobile discounts.
- Verizon Wireless – 18% service discount & 25% accessories discount. To obtain this discount, fax (888-457-1731) or email firstname.lastname@example.org the following information to Verizon Wireless:
- A copy of your University ID card or recent earnings statement with confidential information redacted (e.g. SSN, salary).*
- Email Address
- Contact Number
- Verizon Wireless Account Number or Wireless Number
* Retirees can send a copy of their 1099R statement with confidential information redacted to document retiree status.
ProFlowers – 15% discount with code BLUEWHITE15 at ProFlowers.
Take classes at UIS and have tuition waived.
Also there is a half tuition waiver for children of employees after 7 years of employment.
UIS Campus Recreation
UIS non-recreation members can rent outdoor equipment for affordable rates.
As a UIS employee, you have a voice in University affairs accorded by participation in APAC and other committees. In addition, UIS employees enjoy employee recognition programs and a wonderful working environment made that way by talented groundskeepers and great colleagues!