- Creating a Scholarship
- After You Create a Scholarship
- Gift Officers for You to Contact
- Scholarship Recipients by Year
A Timely and Critical Gift
Scholarships offer donors a unique opportunity: a chance to meet the person who benefits from their gift or at least know that person’s name.
Students always welcome scholarships. For many, their access to higher education depends on it, and today more than ever, students need scholarships to afford college without having to take out crippling loans or work so many hours they miss out on some of the benefit of college.
Please look through the information below, and if you have any questions about creating your own named scholarship, please feel free to contact us at 217.206.6058.
At UIS, you have the opportunity to create your own named scholarship fund. You’ll be joining over 100 generous donors who each year are making a difference in the lives of our students and in their futures.
We have several possibilities to offer you, with information on each.
- Endowed Scholarships
These are the most powerful scholarship funds because they create scholarships year after year. Interest from your gift funds the scholarships; the principle remains. A minimum of $25,000 creates an endowed scholarship.
- Current-Use Scholarships
These are very nimble scholarships because you fund them for only one year at a cost of $1000 (or $84/month). You still get to name the scholarship and decide the kind of student who will receive the scholarship.
Roy L. Brown, III, 217-206-8547, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brookens Library, College of Public Affairs and Administration
Lynne Slightom, 217.206.7389, email@example.com
- Center for State Policy and Leadership, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Tom Turpin, 217.206.7070, firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Business and Management, Corporate and Foundation Relations
Laura Clark, 217.206.6059, email@example.com
- College of Education and Human Services, Sangamon Auditorium
Tom Lucchesi, 217.206.7075, firstname.lastname@example.org
- WUIS/Illinois Issues
Randy Eccles, 217.206.6516, email@example.com
Rachel Lattimore, 217.206.6094, firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarship Recipients by Year
- 2013-2014 Scholarship Recipients
- 2011-2012 Scholarship Recipients
- 2009-2010 Scholarship Recipients
- 2008-2009 Scholarship Recipients