How to Give
Six Ways to Give to UIS
Send a check
- Make the check payable to UIS/UIF (University of Illinois at Springfield/University of Illinois Foundation).
- If you know the name of the fund you want to give to, write that on the comment line.
- Include a note letting us know your intent.
- Send to Office of Advancement, One University Plaza, MS PAC 591, Springfield, Illinois, 62703-5407
Complete a gift card
- Download the card
- Follow the instructions on the card and send it in with your check.
Submit an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Request
The request must be submitted through the ordinary postal system, rather than online.
- Print the attached EFT Instructions (pdf) and fill out the form.
- Send the completed form with a voided, unused check or deposit slip.
- Look for a fund using the list of options here.
(You can always call our office; we’ll help you find what you want).
- Once you make your choice, you’ll be taken to a page with donate buttons.
- Click on the donate button next to the fund you want, and you’ll be taken to an online giving page.
If you prefer to investigate what each fund supports, you can use this page to learn about each fund. You can also investigate by reading about programs at UIS and the funds that support each.
Bring us a gift in person
You’re welcome to bring your gift (cash or check) to the Public Affairs Center at UIS, Room 591–and then we have the pleasure of thanking you in person!
Give through a payroll deduction
If you are a UIS faculty or staff member, you can give conveniently through a payroll deduction. You can find the Payroll Deduction Form on this site https://uif.uillinois.edu/payroll-deductions (copy and paste the URL; link will not work in Chrome). Fill it out and then send in the form by email.
Kinds of Gifts
- Annual Gifts have an immediate impact on the lives of students and faculty because they are usually used within the year they are received. They include gifts to the UIS Fund, any specific fund you choose (see Choose a Fund), or gifts to scholarship funds.
- Planned Gifts include bequests, charitable gift annuities, gifts of insurance, and other gifts that generally involve meeting with one of our gift officers (listed below with the units they represent). Planned gifts are sometimes called “deferred gifts” because often the actual gift occurs at some point in the future. With a planned gift you can often set up your own fund, name it and decide how your contributions can be used. Prepared with help from our gift officers; includes funds of your own designs or an unrestricted gift. You can find more information on planned giving at this University of Illinois Foundation webpage.
- Matched Gifts: Many employers will match the donations their employees make to charitable organizations. You can use the University of Illinois Foundation’s Participating Companies database to determine if your gift qualifies.
Roy Brown, 217.206.8547, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brookens Library, College of Public Affairs and Administration
Please call the Office of Advancement at 217.206.6058 or email at email@example.com.
- Center for State Policy and Leadership, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Tom Turpin, 217.206.7070, firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Education and Human Services, Sangamon Auditorium
Tom Lucchesi, 217.206.7075, email@example.com
- College of Business and Management, Corporate and Foundation Relations
Please call the Office of Advancement at 217.206.6058 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- NPR Illinois
Nice Bogdanovich, 217.206.6643, email@example.com
We welcome your inquiries. Please contact us.