- Creating a Scholarship
- After You Create a Scholarship
- Gift Officers for You to Contact
- Scholarship Recipients by Year
- View a Gallery of Pictures and Videos from the 2018 Scholarship Luncheon
A Timely and Critical Gift
Scholarships offer generous donors a unique opportunity: a chance to meet the person who benefits from your gift, read a thank you note and possibly even discover where your gift takes the student.
Thanks to our generous donors, we now have 330 privately funded scholarships that last year awarded more than $635,000, but students still need more. For many, their access to higher education depends on it, and today more than ever, students need scholarships to afford college without having to take out crippling loans or work so many hours they miss out on some of the benefit of college.
Please look through the information below, and if you have any questions about creating your own named scholarship, please contact us at 217-206-6058.
At UIS, you have the opportunity to create your own named scholarship fund. You’ll be joining more than 100 generous donors who each year are making a difference in the lives of our students and in their futures.
We have several possibilities to offer you, with information on each.
- Endowed scholarships are the most powerful scholarship funds because they create scholarships year after year. Interest from your gift funds the scholarships; the principle remains. A minimum of $25,000 creates an endowed scholarship.
- Current-use scholarships are very nimble scholarships because you fund them for only one year at a cost of $1000 (or $84/month). You still get to name the scholarship and decide the kind of student who will receive the scholarship.
Gift Officers for You to Contact
Roy L. Brown, III, 217.206.8547; firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Public Affairs and Administration; and Peoria and Tazewell Counties
Terri Hempstead, 217.206.6059; email@example.com
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences; and Center for State Policy and Leadership
Pamela Hulton, 217.206.6036; firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Business and Management, Corporate and Business Fundraising
Katie Champion Williams, 217.206.7389; email@example.com
- College of Education and Human Services, Sangamon Auditorium
Tom Lucchesi, 217.206.7075; firstname.lastname@example.org
- NPR Illinois
Randy Eccles, 217.206.9847; email@example.com
Nice Garcia, 217.206.6643; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Affairs
Lisa Whelpley, 217.206.6058; email@example.com