How to Give
Five ways to make a gift to UIS
- Give securely online to the fund of your choice.
Visit giving.uis.edu, or check out our Complete List of Funds or this list of funds by College, Department, Program or Unit. Then use the Donate button for the exact fund you want in order to reach a secure online giving page. Making an unrestricted gift to the UIS Fund is easy.
- Mail in a check.
Make the check payable to UIS/UIF (University of Illinois Foundation). Send the check along with a gift card (download it here) to the Office of Advancement, University of Illinois Springfield, One University Plaza, MS PAC 591, Springfield, Illinois 62703-5407. If you know the name of the fund you want to give to, write that on the comment line. Include a note letting us know your intent. Make the check payable to UIS/UIF (University of Illinois at Springfield/University of Illinois Foundation).
- Use payroll deduction.
If you are a UIS faculty or staff member, you can give conveniently through a payroll deduction. You can find the Payroll Deduction Form at https://uif.uillinois.edu/payroll-deductions. Fill it out and then email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Give in person.
Make your gift in person at UIS, in the Office of Advancement (PAC 591), during open office hours.
- Submit an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Request
Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) is a secure way to deliver your gifts directly and automatically from your bank. When you make an EFT gift, your bank disburses the funds automatically according to your instructions until you decide to stop. You may extend your contribution into installments over the entire year.
- To set up your gift, download and complete an EFT authorization form.
- Send the completed form with a voided, unused check or deposit slip to the Office of Advancement, University of Illinois Springfield, One University Plaza, MS-PAC 591, Springfield, Illinois 62703-5407.
Kinds of Gifts
- Annual Gifts have an immediate impact on the lives of students and faculty because they are usually used within the year they are received. They include gifts to the UIS Fund, any specific fund you choose (see Choose a Fund), or gifts to scholarship funds.
- Planned Gifts include bequests, charitable gift annuities, gifts of insurance, and others. These generally involve meeting with one of our gift officers (listed below with the units they represent). With a planned gift you can often set up your own fund, name it and decide how your contributions will be used.
You can find all the information you need on this page on the University of Illinois Foundation website.
You can find Estate Giving Language here.
You can find Bequest Language here (pdf).
- Matched Gifts: Many employers will match the donations their employees make to charitable organizations. You can use the University of Illinois Foundation’s Participating Companies database to determine if your gift qualifies.
Roy Brown, 217.206.8547; email@example.com
- College of Public Affairs and Administration; and Peoria and Tazewell Counties
Terri Hempstead, 217.206.6059; firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences; and Center for State Policy and Leadership
Pamela Hulton, 217.206.6036; email@example.com
- College of Education and Human Services; and UIS Performing Arts Center
Tom Lucchesi, 217.206.7075; firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Business and Management; and Corporate and Foundation Relations
Katie Champion Williams, 217.206.7389; email@example.com
- Illinois Innocence Project
Courtney Cosgrove Reed, 217.414.9301; firstname.lastname@example.org
- NPR Illinois
Nice Garcia, 217.206.6643; email@example.com
- Student Affairs
Lisa Whelpley, 217.206.6058; firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome your inquiries. Please contact us.