Fund that Supports Residence Life
Make a Difference for Residence Life
Was living in a residence hall a big part of your college experience? If so, you may want to support UIS Housing with improvements.
One program that might be interesting to you is the RHA Sustainability Program, an outreach among students who live in UIS Housing. To support this outreach, when you make an online gift using the Donate button above, make a note in Special Instructions that you would like your gift to support RHA Sustainability.
Uses of your gift will include the following:
- to start a campus collection initiative in which students can donate non-perishable items, blankets and other unused, or gently items, so that those students that are in need may have access to them.
- purchase larger recycling bins (similar to ones available in the townhouses) to collect clean containers for St. John’s Breadline.
start-up funding for ‘Terra-cycle’ program on the UIS Residence Life areas.
- start-up funding for biodegradable to-go containers to replace Styrofoam containers
to obtain additional bicycle racks for the residence hall and apartment areas; bicycles lights for a lite-the-nite campus annual (Fall) event where students receive free bike lights and can register their bicycles with campus police; bike tarps to shield student bikes from the elements during winter.
Two future, dream-come-true endeavors for RHA Sustainability include:
- have a compost bin in the Residence Life area;
- beautification endeavors in the Sunflower Residence area, such as developing a community flower garden or community vegetable garden; obtaining weatherization film for windows and/or child safety locks for cabinets, outlet covers for apartments where residents may have young children