Funds that Support the Capital Scholars Honors Program
You Can Play an Important Role in the Capital Scholars Honors Program
The Capital Scholars Honors Program (CSHP), a unique baccalaureate experience at UIS, is open to a small number of highly qualified college students. The four-year baccalaureate experience combines an integrated core of honors-level, lower- and upper-division courses, UIS general education requirements, and any of the 23 undergraduate majors offered by UIS.
Academically prepared and motivated students have a unique opportunity to develop creative thinking, problem-solving, and leadership skills through this high-quality educational experience based in the liberal arts. The program focuses on a student’s total growth in the personal, academic, social, and civic arenas.
Program strengths include:
- Interdisciplinary and collaborative learning
- Small classes that encourage lively exchange between students and professors.
- Active learning that applies skills to real community concerns.
- Emphasis on problem solving and research skills
The Difference You Can Make
Capital Scholars take a series of special courses that integrate disciplines and provide intensive leadership development. Your gifts to the Capital Scholars Operating Fund (please use the Donate button above) enrich students with many special learning opportunities:
- Illinois leaders from public and private sectors join students for events, workshops, and cultural events.
- Students can take day or weekend trips to cultural and social events in Chicago, St. Louis, or other nearby locations.
- Students take part in special service projects.
Your gifts can also build scholarships for students by making a gift to the Capital Scholars Foundation Scholarship Fund, using the Donate button below.
Please make a gift today.