Make a Difference for the Patrons of Sangamon Auditorium
Your gift in any amount to the funds below provide support to the many community members–young and older–who enjoy, learn from, and are inspired by the Auditorium’s programs. Use the Donate buttons below to make a gift online.
- Auditorium Endowment Fund
- Friends of Sangamon Auditorium
- Performing Arts Sponsorship Fund
- Sangamon Auditorium Fund
- Sangamon Auditorium Angel Tickets Fund
- Sangamon Auditorium Special Projects Fund
- Hazel Dell Class Acts Fund
- Helen Hamilton Performing Arts Endowment for Youth Fund
- Staley Class Acts Sangamon Auditorium Fund
- Youth Outreach Fund
The Sangamon Auditorium has nine targeted funds. You can give as much or as little as you would like to these funds, and you can give online or by mail.
Because the above fund is endowed, your gifts to either fund will never be spent; instead, income from your gifts will provide support for the Auditorium in the future.
We invite you to express your enthusiasm for the arts by joining an outstanding group of individuals–the Friends of Sangamon Auditorium. By becoming a Friend, you will help guarantee the continuation of quality arts and entertainment programs for the Springfield community and surrounding areas, setting the stage for future generations to enjoy high quality and world-renowned performances that explore, educate and entertain.
Performing Arts Sponsorships Fund
This is our most versatile fund. Your gifts here will be especially powerful. Some of the ways we will use your gifts:
- Sustaining the Auditorium’s varied and culturally enriching programming
- Audience development, development of new works, maintaining and improving the Studio Theatre, and endowing the Auditorium stage
- Maintaining and improving the Studio Theatre (our smaller, more intimate venue)
- Creating connections to UIS’ academic programs
If you are particularly interested in one of the uses listed above, feel free to include a note with your gift or in the Comment Box if you are giving online; we will be happy to honor your intention.
The Angel Ticket Program of Sangamon Auditorium exists to provide complimentary performance tickets to adults whose financial and/or social situation would otherwise prohibit them from experiencing live performances of the performing arts by national and international touring artists. Tickets are granted to the clients of eligible non-profit human-service organizations.
Gifts to this fund help maintain Sangamon Auditorium as an outstanding venue for high-quality entertainment.
A few examples of gifts to this fund help the auditorium include:
- $100 can be used to purchase replacements for stage lights;
- $250 can help upgrade the sound and/or lighting systems; or
- $500 can replace an auditorium seat; or
- a somewhat larger gift you could endow the Auditorium stage (you would be able to add your name to the stage with this gift; please contact the Office of Advancement for information).
To help provide performing arts experiences for students at the nearby Hazel Dell School.
Supports the ClassPass program, which makes possible discounted tickets for classes to attend the Auditorium’s performing arts events. Because this is an endowed fund, your gift will never be spent; instead, interest from your gift will provide income to the Auditorium in the future.
Supports the Class Acts program at Sangamon Auditorium. Assists grades K-12 children in central Illinois to attend performances. Gifts help with student ticket assistance, artist fees, and bus allowances.
Youth Outreach Fund
When Béla Fleck, American banjo player, and Abigail Washburn, clawhammer banjo player and singer, performed at Sangamon Auditorium in Spring 2015, they did something very special for Springfield children. They told Auditorium staff that they would like to donate proceeds from their merchandise sales to a local initiative. After hearing some options, the artists chose the Auditorium’s Arts Start program. The Arts Start program brings over 600 local low-income Head Start preschool students to performing arts events at UIS. Developed with funding from PNC (Bank) Foundation, the Arts Start program is a partnership of Sangamon Auditorium, the Springfield Urban League Head Start, and PNC’s Grow Up Great initiative. Your gifts to this fund will add to Fleck and Washburn’s gifts, enhancing opportunities for Head Start Children in the Springfield area.
We welcome your inquiries. Please use the contact information below.