Volunteer Opportunities for Alumni
Alumni and friends can invest in University of Illinois Springfield by sharing their time, skills and experience with students and campus units. Opportunities vary throughout the year – some are one-time-only events and others require ongoing commitment. If you have a skill or interest that is not listed, please contact email@example.com and we will help connect you to the right unit. Your engagement strengthens and maintains the reputation of your alma mater.
Sangamon Auditorium Volunteer Association
Join a trained corps of more than 235 volunteer ushers to greet, direct, assist and ensure the safety and comfort of patrons attending performances and other events at Sangamon Auditorium and the Studio Theatre. For more information about the Sangamon Auditorium Volunteer Association visit their website or call 217-206-8432.
Volunteer and Civic Engagement Center
- Serve as a Community Partner by promoting a service opportunity for UIS students.
- Alumni needed to serve on the Good as Gold Volunteer Recognition Committee. Meetings are held once a month from October through January and biweekly during the Good as Gold event in late April.
- Participate in service events with students. The volunteer names will be put on a list and you will be notified of upcoming service events, which usually occur twice a month.
- Present to first-year students on the topics of leadership and service to the Leadership for Life service wing in Lincoln Residence Hall. Meetings are typically held on Sunday nights.
- Help chaperone the Alternative Spring Break service trip which occurs every year during spring break.
- Serve on an advisory committee to identify business and corporate donors who are interested in sponsoring a new physical structure and office for the UIS Volunteer Center on campus.
For more information on all these and other opportunities, contact Mark Dochterman (Doch) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-206-7716.
College of Education and Human Services Alumni Council
The CEHS Advisory Board advocates and supports the growth and development of the College’s educational programs. Members of the board actively participate in identifying sources of financial support, provide insight into new education and human services practices, and suggest improvements and opportunities for the College and its programs to grow and meet the needs of the local community and beyond. For more information, please email the CEHS Office Administrator.
International Student Services
- Regular, on-going Host Family program that can greatly use more volunteers.
- Help with various activities for the annual International Festival.
For more information about International Student Services, contact Sarah Jome.
Illinois Connection Advocacy Network
Illinois Connection is the University of Illinois Alumni Alliance’s legislative advocacy network. Its mission: to gain greater federal and state support for the University of Illinois’s three campuses as well as their interests. By increasing awareness and understanding of the U of I’s positive impact on the state, nation and world, Illinois Connection advocates help to ensure the University’s legacy and longevity.
Visit the Illinois Connection Advocacy Network website to subscribe to their weekly e-newsletter with updates on state issues impacting the University of Illinois System, or join the network. Follow them on Facebook.