Connect with Other UIS Alumni
Staying Connected with UIS Alumni
- UIS Contacts
- Volunteer Opportunities for UIS Alumni
- University of Illinois Alumni Association Networks
With the massive amount of information and technology available to us these days, staying connected with UIS — and with your fellow UIS friends and alums — is easier than ever. Whether you’re a new graduate looking to enter the busy working world or an established alum who is looking to reconnect with the University you love, we offer many ways to stay connect.
- UIS Alumni: Every week, come to the UIS Alumni Facebook page to read the latest campus and alumni news, learn about upcoming events, look back on University history and traditions, and connect with your fellow graduates.
- @UIS e-newsletter: Opt in to receive this monthly e-newsletter; details TBA.
- Update Your Info: Use the link at right to update your info so you can receive news, event announcements, invitations and other information from Alumni Relations at UIS.
- LinkedIn: The UIS Alumni group page on LinkedIn—an online destination for professionals seeking to network—offers discussion opportunities with other members, news on a variety of topics in the job front and business world, and career opportunities.
Volunteer Opportunities for UIS Alumni
Alumni and friends can invest in University of Illinois Springfield by sharing their time, skills and experience with UIS students and campus units. Opportunities vary throughout the year; some are one-time-only events and others require ongoing commitment. If you have a skill or interest that is not listed, please contact email@example.com and we will help you connect to the right unit. Your engagement strengthens and maintains the reputation of your Alma Mater.
International Student Services
- Regular, on-going Host Family program that can greatly use more volunteers.
- Help with various activities for the annual International Festival.
For more information about International Student Services, contact Sarah Jome.
Office of Disability Services
- Volunteers are needed to work with students on a one-on-one basis. For more information about Disability Services, contact Susy Woods at 217/206-6666.
Volunteer and Civic Engagement Center
- Serve as a Community Partner by promoting a service opportunity for UIS students.
- Alumni needed to serve on the Good as Gold Volunteer Recognition Committee. Meetings are held once a month from October through January and biweekly during the Good as Gold event in late April.
- Participate in service events with students. The volunteer names will be put on a list and you will be notified of upcoming service events, which usually occur twice a month.
- Present to first-year students on the topics of leadership and service to the Leadership for Life service wing in Lincoln Residence Hall. Meetings are typically held on Sunday nights.
- Help chaperone the Alternative Spring Break service trip which occurs every year during spring break.
- Serve on an advisory committee to identify business and corporate donors who are interested in sponsoring a new physical structure and office for the UIS Volunteer Center on campus.
For more information on all these and other opportunities, contact Mark Dochterman (Doch) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217/206-7716.
NPR Illinois Public Radio Station
- Alumni volunteers needed to answer phones during on-air fundraisers.For more information about NPR Illinois, contact Randy Eccles or by phone at 217/206-6403.
Sangamon Auditorium Volunteer Association
- Join a trained corps of more than 280 volunteer ushers to greet, direct, assist and ensure the safety and comfort of patrons attending performances and other events at Sangamon Auditorium and the Studio Theatre.For more information about the Sangamon Auditorium Volunteer Association, contact Mindy McCaffrey at 217/206-8288 or email@example.com.
The University of Illinois Alumni Association Networks
UIAA Facebook Pages
- Alumni Career Center: Find out about upcoming events, including free Webinars, as well as career management and job search tips from the UI Alumni Association’s Alumni Career Center.
- Illinois Connection: Join your fellow alumni in advocating for the University at state and federal levels of government.
- EXPLORERS: View photos from recent EXPLORERS tours and find out about upcoming opportunities to engage with the greatest group of travelers in the world!
UIS Alumni Magazine
You can access articles from the UIS Alumni Magazine in a digital version on the UIS Alumni Magazine archive page.