Alumni Loyalty Award
Above: Bill Furry and Barbara Burkhardt, Alumni Loyalty Award recipients in 2012
- How to Nominate Someone for the Alumni Loyalty Award
- 2012 Recipients of the Alumni Loyalty Award
- Previous Recipients
Established in 1957, this award has been bestowed upon alumni of the University of Illinois who have made significant, notable and meritorious contributions, and who have consistently demonstrated exceptional loyalty, commitment, dedication and service to the University of Illinois Alumni Association for the advancement of their Alma Mater.
How to Nominate Someone for the Alumni Loyalty Award
Recipients are alumni who have distinguished themselves in donating their time and talent on behalf of the University of Illinois and UIS. Each recipient must be nominated for the award. Based on these nominations, the Campus Alumni Advisory Board will select up to 12 recipients per year, per campus. Recipients will receive the awards at the Alumni Gala.
- Nomination is required. Nominees must be living at the time of their nomination. Nominations will be considered active for five years.
- Nominee must hold an earned degree from the University of Illinois.
- Nominee must be a member of the University of Illinois Alumni Association.
- Nominee must be an individual who, in deed or action, reflects and recognizes the importance of the UI Alumni Association; who demonstrates pride in his/her Alma Mater; and whose interest and loyalty are evident by his/her significant, notable and meritorious contributions to the Alumni Association for the advancement of the University.
- Nominee must be an individual in whom alumni, students, faculty and staff of the University of Illinois will take pride and be inspired by his/her recognition.
- Current members of the University of Illinois Board of Trustees; the UIAA Board of Directors; the Alumni Association Awards and Recognition Committee; the Campus Alumni Advisory Board; and relatives, employers or employees thereof are not eligible for consideration.
- Persons currently holding or running for elected state or federal public office in Illinois are not eligible for consideration.
- Previous recipients of this award are not eligible for reconsideration.
- The award may not be conferred in absentia; however, it may be granted posthumously.
Nominations are due by August 31.
Where to Send Nominations
2012 Recipients of the Alumni Loyalty Award
In 2012, Barbara Burkhardt ’84 (UI), MA ’90 LAS, PHD ’94 (UI) and Bill Furry ’85 LAS, MA ’97 LAS received the Loyalty Award. You can read more about them here.
Victor Juarez , ‘87 CBM
Grace Wenz MA ’73 EHS
Timothy A. Schweizer, MBA ‘85
Janice M. Spears ’73 LAS, MA ’74 LAS, MA ’81 EHS
Nancy L. Chapin, ma ’73 ehs
Roberta Volkmann, ma ’73 las
Susan L. Blocker ’01 CBM, MBA ’03
Bruce L. Bullard, MA ’92 CBM
Ronda Y. Guyton ’04 PAA
Barbara A. Lestikow ’66 ED, MA ’75 EHS
Donovan W. Pepper ’94 PAA, MA ’96 PAA
Linda L. Brookhart ’99 CBM
Robert O. Clary, MBA ’85 CBM
L. Michael Purnell ’78 LAS
Randall F. Dunn ’73 CBM, MA ’74 PAA
William G. Hall ’70 LAS, MA ’73 EHS
Claudia Pitchford ’00 LAS
Trudy L. Malkey ’01 CBM
Peggy L. Mayfield ’93 EHS, MA ’96 EHS
Denise Y. Yates ’96 EHS, MA ’98 EHS
John D. Blackburn, MA ’79 EHS
Deborah K. Cimarosa ’93 CBM, MA ’98 LAS
Thomas S. Duncan ’00 CBM
Krishna M. Brahmamdam, MA ’98 LAS, MBA ’04
James I. Matheis ’82 PAA
Heather N. Nifong, MA ’92 LAS, MPH ’99
Sister Arlene Winkler, MA ’81 EHS
Edward A. Brooks ’50 ENG, MA ’74 PAA
Helen E. Brooks
Jerome W. Donovan ’96 CBM
Cindy Terry, MA ’72 EHS
Helen Adorjan ’63 COM, MA ’72 LAS
Charles H. Northrup, LLB ’39 LAW, MA ’80 LAS
Maureen L. Bartels ’97 CBM
Paul R. Craig, MA ’74 LAS
Ethel Gingold ’40 LAS, MA ’73 EHS Justice and Social Order), MA ’79 EHS (Human Services)
Leroy A. Jordan, MA ’72 EHS
David P. Marshall ’98 CBM
Jana E. Wise ’92 CBM
Mary P. Bohlen, MA ’78 LAS
Pam McClelland ’90 CBM, MA ’95 CBM
Ed McDowall, MA ’92 LAS
Mary Rechner ’98 CBM
Pauline Santini ’80 CBM