Alumni Humanitarian Award
Above: Tim R. Randolph, Ph.D., MT (ASCP), ’83 LAS, 2015 Humanitarian Award
- How to Nominate Someone for the Alumni Humanitarian Award
- 2015 Recipient of the Alumni Humanitarian Award
- Previous Recipients
Established in 2001, this honor has been bestowed upon alumni of the University of Illinois by the University of Illinois Alumni Association on behalf of the University. The award is presented to those alumni who, through their outstanding involvement and dedication, have made a significant contribution of leadership or service which has improved or enriched the lives of others and the welfare of humanity, and whose accomplishments reflect admirably on or bring honor to their Alma Mater.
How to Nominate Someone for the Alumni Humanitarian Award
All recipients have been nominated for the honor.
Please be advised: The Awards and Recognition Committee may select one recipient per year from each campus but need not confer the award every year. This award will be presented at Commencement or an Alumni Association event. Should the committee determine the nominee would be more appropriately honored by means of a different award, it reserves the right to consider each nominee for other, more suitable recognition.
- Nomination is required. Nominees must be living at the time of their nomination. Nominations will be considered active for five years.
- Nominee must hold an earned degree from the University of Illinois.
- Nominee must be an individual who is highly distinguished for his/her humanitarian contributions to society in his/her chosen business, profession or philanthropic life’s work.
- Nominee must be a person of such stature, demonstrated ability and renown that alumni, students, faculty and staff of the University of Illinois will take pride in and be inspired by his/her recognition.
- Nominee must be an individual who, in deed or action, reflects the importance of his/her education at the University of Illinois.
- Previous recipients are not eligible for reconsideration.
- Current members of the University of Illinois Board of Trustees; the UIAA Board of Directors; the Alumni Association Awards and Recognition Committee; and relatives, employers or employees thereof are not eligible for consideration.
- Current faculty, staff and other employees of the University of Illinois or the UI Alumni Association are not eligible for consideration.
- Persons currently holding or running for elected state or federal public office in Illinois are not eligible for consideration.
- The award may not be conferred in absentia; however, it may be awarded posthumously.
Nominations are due August 31.
Where to Send Nominations
2015 Humanitarian Recipient of the Alumni Humanitarian Award
Tim R. Randolph, Ph.D., MT (ASCP), ’83 LAS, 2015
June C. Agamah, MPH ’01
Ahbee Staab Robinson ’74 LAS, MA ’76 EHS
Suzanne Brown MA ’84 PAA
Francie Staggs ’81 LAS, ma ’91 LAS
Robert Moore ’80 PAA, MPA ’85
Barbara Dickerman ’97 PAA
Betty Marcy ’76 CBM
Ethel S. Gingold MA ’73 EHS, MA ’79 EHS