U of I’s Official Fundraising and Private Gift-Receiving Agency
The University of Illinois Foundation is the official fundraising and private gift-receiving agency for the University of Illinois. The U of I Foundation works in close partnership with the Office of Advancement at UIS, providing many valuable services and helping us succeed in our efforts on behalf of UIS.
Here are just a few ways the Foundation helps us:
- They assist us in planned giving arrangements, adding their extensive experience and resources. With their help, we can work successfully with donors from when they first think about a gift through to the execution of a plan that achieves the donors’ personal and charitable priorities.
- The Foundation processes all the gifts that come to UIS, helping us to guard donors’ intentions and acting as custodian for endowed funds.
- The Foundation also helps with event planning, communications, and stewardship.
In these and so many other ways, their expertise and professional experience adds to our ability to advance support for UIS.
Special Donor Recognition Societies
The Foundation recognizes donors who make significant contributions to the University and to UIS through two Giving Societies:
- the Presidents Council, the University’s highest recognition society, and
- the Chancellor’s Capitol Council, UIS’ highest honor organization.
The William E. Winter Award for Outstanding Advocate Leadership
This award, presented by the University of Illinois Foundation, honors the many contributions of an outstanding advocate for the University of Illinois, William E. Winter, by recognizing individuals outside the university structure who play active roles in securing private support. Learn more about Mr. Winter, the award and recipients.