My Hometown: Karnak, IL
I graduated from:
- Joppa High School
- Sangamon State University (now University of Illinois Springfield)
- Bachelor of Arts in History/Teacher Education
One of my more interesting jobs:
- Teaching at a Diocese K-8 School that had no catholic students – 6/7/8th grade Language Arts and Social Studies, 8th grade Homeroom and Religion, Jr. High Girls Basketball Coach
What is best about UIS?
- UIS is a state school with a personal private college approach to its students. Add on the fact that each student has the opportunity of putting into real-life work what they’ve been learning in class – UIS is a unique choice.
What I Like About Working in Admissions:
- There is something engaging about sitting down with a student (and their family) to talk about what they want to do with their life – and how UIS can fit into this plan. My position affords me the opportunity to travel all over the state “spreading the message of UIS” while meeting such nice and interesting people. Finally, there is no better feeling than standing at the bottom of the steps (at a UIS commencement) greeting new UIS graduates and hearing “Thank You for helping me” from them. It’s one of the highlights of my year!
Don’t hesitate to contact me:
- Phone: (217) 206-6628
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org