MacMurray College Students
Finish Your Education at UIS
The entire University of Illinois Springfield community was saddened to hear about the closing of MacMurrary College. We understand the complex issues and feelings you are facing, including the urgency to find a new academic home.
We’re partial, but we think you’d be a great fit at UIS. Please reach out to us as a resource during your academic transition. We’re currently waiving application fees, too, making it easy to start your UIS journey today.
Join us for MacMurray Transfer Virtual Event:
U.S. News and World Report (2020)
- No. 1 public regional university in Illinois
- No. 4 public regional university in the Midwest
- No. 6 regional university in Illinois H Top 20% of performers on Social Mobility
- Top 25% of regional universities in the Midwest
- Consistently ranked among the top 15 regional public universities in the Midwest for over a decade, UIS is also among its Best Value Schools.
- About UIS
- UIS Bachelor’s degrees
- See how your MacMurray work will translate at UIS
- Financial Aid
- Residence Life
- UIS Online
Yes! We can help you continue your education without missing a beat. In many cases, UIS has a degree that aligns with your area of study. If there’s not an exact equivalent, we’ll work with you to find a degree that matches your interests and goals and maximizes your college credits and experience.
No, UIS does not offer associate degrees. However, if your long-term goal is a four-year degree, we’ll get you on the right path now. We’ll work with you to identify an area of study and to carry over your MacMurray credits when possible.
UIS will work closely with you to apply as many of your credits as possible toward a UIS degree.
Summer classes begin June 1 and fall classes start Aug. 24.
Tuition is based on credit hours per semester. Our tuition and fee calculator can do the math for you. Learn about housing costs, books, how to make a payment, and more.
Our talented Admission staff will help you navigate this transition and get you back on the path to a degree in no time.
Connect with us:
- Contact Sarah Adams, UIS liaison for MacMurray students: 217-503-8840 or email@example.com
- Use our scheduling app to set up a weekday virtual appointment with an Admission counselor until 7 p.m.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: 1-888-977-4847
- Ask questions during our weekly Wednesday webinars at 3 p.m.
UIS Admission is taking measures to protect the health and welfare of our campus community and guests. Our staff are available to return voicemails and return emails during normal business hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.) but our office is not be open to the public. Please contact us if you have any questions or need assistance. Learn more about the COVID-19 impact on UIS Admission.
- Get your transcript.
- Submit an application to UIS.
- Add UIS to your FAFSA (code 009333).
- After you’re admitted, contact a UIS Admission advisor.
- Start classes this summer or fall as a UIS Prairie Star!