Life at the University of Illinois at Springfield
Choosing to move abroad for any length of time is a life-altering decision that is as exciting as it can be scary! Now that you have gotten all of your questions about academics taken care of – what about life after class? Don’t worry, we can help you figure that out as well.
Due to the location of our campus, we recommend living on campus here at UIS. Information on Student Housing can be found at the Residence Life website.
Lucky you! Our new student union just opened January 2018 and is a great place to get something to eat, grab a coffee at Starbucks and relax before/after classes. Information on food at UIS can be found at the Food Services Website.
Being without a means of transportation is a frustrating feeling. Here at UIS, we are working on meeting that need
- Student Life has numerous events available to all students
- Read 100 Things to Do While a Student at UIS
- The Office of International Student Services coordinates a number of programs through the year – you can see them here
- Look up the ‘International at UIS’ website for more information about services available to international students at UIS
- Look up the city of Springfield’s event calendar!
Our faculty and staff at UIS are amazing and are more than willing to answer any question you have. Depending on your need, there are different staff members that might be your best contact. Here is just a brief list of departments that you might want to start with:
- International Student Services
- Student Life
- Career Center
- Counseling Center
- Health and Wellness
- Student Government Association (SGA)
- Campus Police
- USFSCO (Billing)