COVID-19 Impact on UIS Admission
In response to the global COVID-19 pandemic, UIS Admission is taking measures to protect the health and welfare of our campus community and guests.
- For information on the campus-wide COVID-19 response, please visit uis.edu/covid-19/
- Admission staff will be working remotely starting Tuesday, March 17. Our staff will be available to return voicemails and return emails during normal business hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM -5:00 PM) but our office will not be open to the public. Please contact us if you have any questions or need assistance
- Fall 2020 campus and online classes will start as planned on August 24. Please continue to monitor our website for updates
- Application Questions
- Event Status
We realize that navigating the college admission process during this time is stressful. We will be posting updates regarding deadlines and requirements. It is our intention to be a flexible and helpful as we can during this time.
- Will there be changes to the May 1 Candidate Reply Date? We realize that we have asked you to make a decision regarding college and to let us know by May 1. UIS is extending that date to June 1st to give students and families additional time to visit and gather information regarding their decisions.
- My application is incomplete, are there deadlines I will miss? We realize that you may not be able to supply all supporting documents as quickly as usual. Admissions and our campus partners will be as flexible as we can be regarding delays.
- My application is incomplete due to a test score requirement; what do I do if my test date is canceled? Now that SAT and ACT testing have been cancelled until fall; we are considering files using other credentials. Complete the Prompted Questions form on your status page to be considered without test scores.
- My application is incomplete due to a missing transcript; what do I do if I can’t get the documents sent? At this time, generally there is enough time that you will be able to have them sent at a later date.
- If I am unable to be admitted or gain a visa for Fall, can I defer my application/admission? Yes, you can defer your start term on your application status page.
Based on the University of Illinois System recommendations, effective Friday, March 13, the events in the list below will be suspended.
Cancellation notices will be sent by email to registered students.
|Individual Visits & Campus Tours||Fri., March 13, 2020 – Fri., July 17, 2020||Canceled||Virtual Appointment|
This suspension of on-campus activities is in place until further notice. Continue to check this website for updates.
We are currently offering virtual visit options. Click on any of the following to learn more and schedule.
This page was last updated: 7/6/20 2:17 PM